In North America, the fall and winter are comparatively slow times for the rental car companies. Many of the rental car companies introduce fantastic promotions like National's One-Two-Free (last year's link here) and Enterprise's Plus Your Points (last year's link here) shortly before Labor Day in order to attract consumers. Budget is slightly ahead of competitors in offering a promotion from now through the end of 2017. This promotion offers the potential for some cost savings for frequent Budget users, even though Budget's Fast Break program doesn't provide the opportunity to earn free award days.
Budget Bucks Offer
The Budget Bucks offer seems straightforward -- register for the promotion, make two qualifying rentals, and Budget will mail a $25 certificate to the renter.
Of course, no promotion is ever that straightforward after the lawyers get their say (and given AvisBudget owns Payless, there are a lot of lawyers to appease).
Budget Bucks Terms & Conditions
• Registration must be completed before 11:59pm December 31, 2017 with a valid RapidRez Number and Fastbreak membership.
• Submission of registration shall be consent to opt-in and receive promotional emails and Budget e-Receipt on future rentals.
• Using RapidRez number member must complete two fully paid qualifying rentals of two consecutive days or more each between when you opt-in and December 31, 2017 11:59 pm.
• Offer valid for U.S. residents (including USVI and PR) renting at participating Budget locations in the U.S. (“Qualifying Rentals”). Non-participating locations subject to change and may not be listed.
• After completing two qualifying paid rentals, each registered Budget Fastbreak member will be mailed a Budget Bucks rental reward coupon valued at $25.
• Rentals made with any of the following discount codes or profile types will not qualify for the promotion: Budget Pay Now, corporate accounts that do not allow employees to participate in reward programs, Budget direct bill accounts, employee rates for Budget or any affiliated company or licensee, government, travel industry, tour, opaque (i.e. Priceline “Name Your Own Price”), wholesale or convention rates.
• Rentals paid using a Budget Bucks $25 rental coupon will not qualify for the Budget Bucks program.
• Limit one coupon per rental.
• Reservation must be made 24 hours prior to pick up.
• Budget Bucks coupon will not be replaced if lost or stolen.
• Budget Bucks coupon must be used before the date listed on your coupon.
• Budget Bucks coupon will arrive approximately 8-10 weeks after the completion of second qualifying rental.
• Vehicle renter must meet Budget age, driver and credit requirements. Minimum age may vary by location. An additional daily surcharge will apply for renters under 25 years old.
• Budget Rent A Car System, Inc. (“Budget”) is not responsible for lost or misdirected mailing of reward or for any malfunction of computer equipment that may prevent registration from being transmitted or received.
• Any individual who tampers with the registration process will be disqualified from promotion.
• Budget assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line, hardware and/or software failures, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, registration information, rental data or registrations.
• Budget is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or registration to be received by Budget on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this promotion or downloading any materials in this promotion.
• ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
• Promotion terms are subject to change. Budget reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate or suspend the promotion in the event the promotion is incapable of running as originally planned.
AutoSlash Condensed Version
Register, then complete two different rentals of two or more days at participating locations and receive a $25 Bonus Bucks certificate from Budget in the United States. Budget's responsible for sending the certificates but not responsible if the certificate gets lost in the mail or lost by the renter. Budget can cancel the promotion for any reason at any time. When a renter uses the Bonus Bucks for a maximum $25 discount, the rental won't count as a qualifying rental for more Bonus Bucks.
As always, we don't have any lawyers on staff but AutoSlash is clearly not responsible for Budget's promotion.
The AutoSlash team doesn't have any frequent Budget renters but we do realize there are many cases where Budget is the cheapest option for users. This promotion isn't the most rewarding of the offers that tend to be available in the fall and winter but for frequent Budget customers -- and those awaiting the annual National promotion -- the opportunity to get $25 certificates for normal rental patterns shouldn't be ignored!