Every fall and winter, Enterprise outdoes itself with its annual Plus Your Points promo, which lets you earn double points for four solid months. Last year's promotion finished up at the end of January 2019 but it's expected back next fall.
Why do we like this promotion? It's one of the few times during the year that earning Enterprise Plus points can be worthwhile. For most of the year, the average Enterprise Plus member earns one point per dollar base rate of the rental in a revenue-based program. That's a paltry 5-percent rebate.National's Emerald Club, at Enterprise's sister company, instead. The Plus Your Point promotion is one of the few times when earning points in Enterprise's program has a compelling narrative.
How Enterprise Plus Your Points Works
The first step to taking advantage of the Plus Your Points promotion is to enroll in the free Enterprise Plus program. You can earn free rental days for as few as 400 points (for rentals with a base rate under $20), but more realistically, a free day in the program is likely to require between 650 and 1200 points.
This year's Enterprise Plus Your Points promo runs from October 3, 2018 through January 31, 2019. Renters earn the traditional base point in the Enterprise Plus program, earn a bonus point from Plus Your Points, and have access to a number of optional, points-earning badges that can be completed through rentals or other activities.
Frequent Enterprise renters accumulating Enterprise Plus points will want to focus on triggering the available bonus opportunities (called badges) in the program. Even those who rarely use their Enterprise Plus accounts should look toward the badges, as all participants in the promotion can earn points without completing any rentals. For example, you can earn badges for signing up for the email newsletter and filling out the survey. It's possible to earn up to 395 points without making a rental, , and the Enterprise Plus program requires 400 points to get the base rate waived on a $20 rental.
Every Enterprise Plus Your Points enrollee is eligible for the following six badges:
- Registration badge*: 20 bonus points
- Double Points badge: Double point bonus
- Airport Weekend badge: 75 bonus points
- Neighborhood Weekend badge: 75 bonus points
- Survey badge*: 75 bonus points -- Note: My account did not include the survey badge
- Extended Rental badge: 500 bonus points (rentals more than 28 days)
The following badges are at Enterprise's discretion:
- App Download badge*: 50 points
- Email Opt-in badge*: 50 points
- Go Paperless badge*: 50 points
- Keep Driving badge: 150 points for three (3) qualifying rentals
- Rental via Mobile App badge: 50 bonus points
- Rent in Europe badge: 75 points
- Rent Online Badge: 50 bonus points
- Second Rental badge: 150 bonus points
- SiriusXM® Satellite Radio badge: 250 points
- Surprise badge*: 100 points (appears just one week during the promotion)
- Weekly Rental badge: 75 points
- Twitter badge*: 50 bonus points
The Enterprise Plus Your Points promotion takes one of the least-rewarding rewards programs and puts points towards free days easily within reach.